South Pole Flights
The Holy Grail of Polar Explorers
- 7/8 days December 2011 - January 2012
- Combine Dec 5 "South Pole Flights" with Nov 27 "Camping with Emperor Penguins" & save $15,950pp!
One of the greatest stories in Antarctic Exploration is that of the race to the Geographic South Pole. Still the names of explorers like Scott, Amundsen and Shackleton fascinate us as we learn of their heroic journeys in search of the Pole.
100 years have past since the first explorers reached the South Pole. In 1987, our partners flew the first tourists to the South Pole and to date remains the only company in the world offering airborne travel to the interior of Antarctica and the southernmost point on earth. A journey as significant today as it was for those early explorers so many years ago.
- Embark in city of Punta Arenas, Chile
- Fly via private aircraft over tabular icebergs and ice shelves into the heart of Antarctica.
- Fly across the polar plateau en-route to the South Pole.
- Become one of the few to stand at the southernmost point on earth - the Geographical South Pole.
- Explore Patriot Hills in the foothills of the Ellsworth Mountains.