The MS Expedition was built in Helsingor, Denmark in 1972 and was used as a ferry between Sweden, Aland and Finland. After undergoing extensive reconstruction and upgrading, the MS Expedition is now an expedition ship. All 58 cabins are outside cabins with views (window or porthole) and full private en-suite bathrooms. The vessel provides a wide variety of exquisite amenities designed to maximise comfort and enhance the expedition experience.
Watch the sunrise on the Canada Goose observation deck. Get your heart pumping in the state of the art fitness centre or relax in our rejuvenating sauna. Peruse our vast selection of reading materials in the Lonely Planet Library or head to the Discovery Lounge for a live lecture about tomorrow’s Zodiac adventure. From internet and telephone service, to the onboard medical clinic, the MS Expedition and its crew are committed to providing an authentic and unforgettable polar voyage without sacrificing the convenience and comforts of home.
The MS Expedition has multiple large public areas to enjoy during sea crossings and in between land excursions. Amenities include:
- All cabins with private en-suite and outside view
- Lonely Planet Library
- Medical clinic and expedition doctor
- Gift shop
- Polar Bear Pub
- Discovery Lounge
- Fine dining room serving international cuisine and large enough to accommodate all passengers in one sitting
- Large aft deck with barbecue facilities
- Canada Goose Observation Deck
- Fitness centre/sauna
- Large fleet of Zodiacs with 4-stroke engines
- Category 1 One upper berth, two lower berths, full ensuite washroom and porthole view.
- Category 1A 2 upper berths, 2 lower berths, full ensuite washroom, porthole.
- Category 2 Two lower berths, full ensuite washroom and porthole view.
- Category 3 Two lower berths, full ensuite washroom and window view.
- Category 4 Two lower berths, full ensuite washroom and window view.
- Category 5 Queen bed, lounge area, full ensuite washroom and large window views.