Papua New Guinea
Cairns to Rabaul or Rabaul to Port Moresby
Aboard Oceanic Discoverer
- Cairns - Alotau - Rabaul - 13 days3 - 15 Nov 2011 SAVE 25%*
- Alotau - Rabaul - 11 days5 - 15 Nov 2011 SAVE 25%*
- Rabaul - Alotau - 11 days15 - 25 Nov 2011 SAVE 25%*
- Rabaul - Alotau - Cairns - 13 days15 - 27 Nov 2011 SAVE 25%*
- Special Offer: Singles cruise at twin share price for Promenade deck A!**
Mysterious Papua New Guinea is, in the truest sense, the last frontier on Earth. Vast expanses of thick tropical jungle and razor-sharp mountains remain daunting to all but the most intrepid explorers. Reach into the heart and soul of Papua New Guinea, and see your expectations of the place and its people soar. Its secret forests nurture over 3,000 kinds of orchids, and the world’s largest butterfly and moth inhabit its rainforests. The ancient tribal culture lives on vibrantly in the minds of the villages and townsfolk.
Surrounding waters support unparallel bio-diversity, and its reefs are the choice of specialty divers from around the globe. It’s a place of rich cultural diversity. There is no such thing as a typical Papua New Guinean; as more than 1000 cultures, each with different traditions, are now recognised. This is the land of the unexpected, a place of stark contrasts where fearsome frowns magically become welcoming smiles and village children your lifelong friends!