Botswana Classic Explorer Safari
The Classic Explorer Safari takes you to the renowned regions of the Chobe National Park, Savute and the Okavango Delta on a spectacular eight night mobile camping (glamping) adventure.
Only 6 Guests per safari
A reinvention of our much loved Botswana Explorer Expedition, the Classic Explorer Safari offers a wonderful combination of land and water activities such as game drives, bush walks, a private boat cruise, mokoro excursions and fishing.
As an added delight you also have the option to include the Victoria Falls onto your itinerary.
WHAT MAKES THIS SAFARI SPECIAL
- Rustic and comfortable mobile camping allows you to get closer than ever to the spectacular African wilderness, with the same personalised &Beyond experience.
- Your entire journey will be hosted by our most senior and experienced private guides who offer a wealth of knowledge about your chosen destinations and an engaging experience throughout your adventure.
- Your mobile camping adventure is fully inclusive – from the time you arrive in Botswana, every aspect of your journey will be conveniently organised for you.
- This ultimate African safari adventure guarantees an intimate, exclusive experience with a minimum of two guests and a maximum of six guests per departure, ensuring window seats on game drives for all. Children over 12 years of age are welcome.
- All tours have scheduled departure dates.
- Best of Northern Botswana – Chobe, Savute, private concessions in the Okavango Delta. (Add Victoria Falls to the beginning of your trip for added guest delight).
- This adventure offer the perfect combination of land and water activities such as private boat cruises, game drives, bush walks, mokoro excursions and fishing (seasonal).
- Adventure seekers
- Wildlife enthusiasts
- Small groups or families with children aged 12 and older
- Individual travellers
DAY 1 – 2
Chobe National Park
Your journey begins at Kasane Airport where you will meet your private guide who will accompany you throughout your adventure. Your guide will then drive you to a secluded camp site in Chobe National Park, where you will spend two nights. Chobe National Park is home to thrilling action-packed wildlife interactions and the largest concentration of elephants in Africa. Here you can embark on thrilling game drives and enjoy a spectacular private boat cruise on the Chobe River. Experience unforgettable game drives and private boat cruises on the Chobe River.
DAY 3 – 4
The next leg of your tour will be a game drive transfer that will take you into the beautiful Savute area of the Chobe National Park. Here, surrounded by pristine wilderness, you will spend two nights at a mobile camp, however during the months of February and April you will be unwinding at the delightful &Beyond Savute Under Canvas in spacious meru style tents. The area
is known for its large prides of lion, African wild dog, leopard and spotted hyena that prowl the landscape in search of prey. Adventures in the Savute include game drives and the opportunity to see volcanic outcrops and Bushmen paintings..
DAY 5 – 6
After exploring the Savute, you will be whisked away on a flight to the glorious Okavango Delta for a two night stay, where you will be spoilt for choice with
the assortment of excellent wildlife sightings in the area. This particular region of the Delta offers some of the best wildlife encounters where you can see lion, leopard, African wild dog, kudu, elephant, semi-aquatic lechwe, hippo and giraffe.
DAY 7 – 8
On the final leg of your journey you will be flown to the famous Nxabega concession, in the Okavango Delta, where you will spend two nights. Here you will experience an adventure-filled mix of water and land activities from game drives and bush walks to mokoro and catch-and-release fishing. Please note that the water based activities are seasonal.
Today, your guide will accompany you to Maun and will wave a fond farewell as you board your flight homeward from Maun International Airport.
Dates and cost
- 9 day camping safari Feb to Dec
|1 Feb – 31 May||USD 4,230 per person||Special Offer|
|1 Jun – 31 Oct||USD 7,520 per person||High Season|
|1 Nov – 31 Dec||USD 4,880 per person||Mid Season|
Contact us for departure dates
- Botswana Expeditions only accept children over the age of 12 years
- Meet and greet at Maun or Kasane Airport, depending on itinerary
- Three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives,
- Waterborne/game viewing activities while on safari
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Transfers to and from the lodge airstrip and National Park
- Entrance fees while on safari
- Road transfers during your safari
- Seat on charter as specified
- Domestic airport tax within Botswana
- Personal Travel Journal filled with the highlights of your itinerary and services of an &Beyond guide throughout your adventure in Botswana.
Luggage: A strict luggage restriction of 20kg per person, including hand luggage, applies to all light aircraft flights within Botswana. It is important that you carry soft-sided or “barrel” bags, as hard-sided suitcases cannot be fitted into the small holds of light aircraft.
What’s not included
- Administration fee
- Telephone calls
- Safari shop purchases
- All items of a personal nature
- Champagne, cognacs, fine wines and premium brand spirits.
- Visas: If required.
How to Book
To ensure your place on this exciting adventure, please contact us to reserve a place 02 4758 9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org, then complete the Adventure Associates Booking Form and return to us with your USD 1000 per person deposit.
|Deposit required per person:||US$1000 per person|
|Balance due:||75 days prior to departure|
|If booking within 74 days of departure:||Full payment must be made.|
Reservations are established when you receive written confirmation and acceptance of the deposit and Booking Form. Travel insurance is strongly recommended at the time of booking.
Cancellations must be advised in writing to Adventure Associates. Cancellation charges are subject to regulations of airlines, coach and tour operators, hotels and other principals involved. If it is necessary to cancel your arrangements, the following non-refundable charges will apply.
|More than 100 days prior to departure||USD 500 per person|
|Between 99 and 75 days prior to departure||Full loss of deposit per person|
|Between 74 and 31 days prior to departure||75% of tour cost per person|
|On or within 30 days prior to departure||No Refund|
If the cancellation charge is more than your advance payment you remain liable for the difference. For these and other reasons mentioned above you are strongly recommended to take out Travel Insurance. Once the Land Tour has departed there will be no refund for any unused portions of the trip.